- 16 November 2023
- Posted by: Team for Youth Association
- Category: European Solidarity Corps volunteering opportunities
The Kulturális Életért Közhasznú Egyesület is a Hungarian organization with the aim of promoting active citizenship, EU values, and generating cooperation.
KÉK Egyesület operates in the youth centre a small- community youth radio named MustárFM Radio, broadcasting 24-hours a day in the vicinity of Nyíregyháza but also online. The aim of the project is that the volunteers take an active part in the editing and broadcasting of the Mustár FM (89.6) local civilian radio, working in team with the Hungarian youngsters.
Project name: Different cultures on the same wavelength.
Project dates: 1st March 2024 – 28th February 2025
Location: Nyíregyháza, Hungary
Financed by: European Solidarity Corps
Hosting organisation: Kulturális Életért Közhasznú Egyesület
Volunteer Slots: 8 participants
Application deadline: 3rd of December 2023
- Between 18 and 30 years old
- English B1 is recommended but not a must.
- We are looking for a motivated volunteer who would like to work in radio, record and edit programs in English and in their mother-tongue. Experience in working on the radio is not a must!
- The volunteer must be ready to provide free language club lessons to the residents of the city and carry out different events and activities in the youth common space, which is called Mustárház.
Tasks of the volunteer:
- The volunteers will have the opportunity to make their own regular radio programme which presents the culture and language of the country they come from in their own language
- To provide language club lessons to the residents of the town in their own languages (mainly informal conversations to help the people of the town to practice the language)
- To get involved in the life of Mustárház, participate in different programmes and also get to know the Hungarian language and culture
- To organize their own events, mini projects
- To manage the social media and websites of the association
As a volunteer, you will benefit of:
- A Youthpass certificate attesting to the skills you have learned in the project
- Pocket money and food allowance (110.000 HUF, approximately 290 EUR) and reimbursement of travel expenses (up to 275 EUR/participant for both trips – depending on distance)
- Accommodation: the organization rents flats for the ESC volunteers which are 10-15 minutes away by foot to Mustárház (the venue of their activities).
- Everyone has his/her private room and shares the kitchen and the bathroom
- Training and mentoring
- Complementary medical insurance for the entire duration of the internship (HENNER)