- 14 December 2023
- Posted by: Team for Youth Association
- Category: European Solidarity Corps volunteering opportunities
The public institution Raseiniai Center for Disabled Persons Employment and Services started its activities in 2020. The aim of the center is to ensure the quality of general and special social services provided, accessibility, and development.
Project duration: up to 12 months (starting January/February 2024)
Location: Raseiniai, Lithuania
Financed by: European Solidarity Corps
Hosting Organisation: Raseiniai Center for Disabled Persons Employment and Services (http://rnupc.lt/)
Application deadline: as soon as possible
- Between 18 and 30 years old,
- Romanian citizens,
- Interested and motivated in working with disabled people,
- Interested in intercultural learning (are open to new cultures and are willing to learn from their participation),
- Patient and responsible,
- Will like to help to create and implement projects, initiatives, and activities for people with disabilities,
- Basics in English language,
- Service activities may include arts and culture, activities with organization clients, in the fields of creative
employment and leisure,
- Want to present coulure and traditions of this country.
Tasks of the volunteer:
- Actively participate in daily activities, help organize events, and will be assisted by social workers or trainees. Daily activities will consist of art groups – ceramics, arts, sewing, cooking, yard management, sports, physiotherapy, theatre, alternative dance, discussions, games, creativity, and other activities.
- You will share your ideas with others and implement them in daily life. Organization staff will help you in every step.
- You will be involved in the activities as others employees of our organization throughout the volunteering time. The institution will be flexible in ensuring good volunteering conditions.
As an ESC volunteer, you will benefit from:
Pocket money, food allowance, and reimbursement of travel expenses up to the established limit
2.5 free days per month. Volunteering hours will be from Monday to Friday, from 9 am to 4 pm, including a lunch break for one hour. Saturday and Sunday will be days off.
Training and mentoring.
Complementary medical insurance for the entire duration of the mobility (HENNER).
Will know how to communicate in the Lithuanian language.
Will learn how to organize and implement activities for people with disability.
Will be able to manage their financial resources.
Will be ready for a better quality of life and employability.
Will know better Lithuanian culture and traditions (in your leisure time, you will have an opportunity to explore Lithuania, Lithuanians, Lithuanian traditions, and culture).
Will hold YOUTH PASS – Certificate of non-formal education. All these benefits are obtained through non-formal education, and they prepare young people for life through our activities in our organization.
More information can be found on the Facebook page of the organisation:
How can you apply?
If you are interested write to email@example.com by sending your CV and a cover letter (in English) with the subject ”ESC Raseiniai” in which you explain what motivates you to participate in the project and why you wish to apply! Someone from the organisation will contact you shortly.