- 17 January 2014
- Posted by: Team For Youth Association
- Category: European Solidarity Corps volunteering opportunities
APPLY NOW for an EVS service for one year in Wörgl, Tyrol, Austria!
The service will take place between July 2014 and June 2015 as part of the “Youth4Work @ Wörgl” Project of the BETA Organization in Wörgl.
BETA qualifies young people between 16 and 24 years for work and for finding a job. Most of the youngsters are drop-outs, have attended special schools, achieved only poor school marks or very bad reports and they face difficulties in finding a job.
About 10 youngsters are employed at BETA for one year. During this year they have the possibility to learn a lot of things and to acquire job qualifications for their future. Soft and hard skills are taught in working with wood, metal, gardening or in working as a caretaker or in fulfilling simple office duties. All these activities focus on the most realistic job situations, sometimes the youngsters even work for real companies. They are also trained in applying for a job. The goal is that after this year the youngsters find an employment at companies where they have done an internship or practical training during the year. The EVS volunteer will work alongside the professionals at BETA in the areas that interest him/her the most.
Profile of the volunteer:
- You are open, friendly and interested in communicating with youngsters
- You are interested in working with young people and in social work
- Mechanical skills or creativity would be appreciated, as the project can offer skilled manual working tasks
- Beginner German skills would be great, as our youngsters do not speak any English
How to apply:
- Fill in the application form (CLICK HERE)
- Prepare your CV and Motivation Letter (in English) – if you pass the first step of the selection process, you will be asked to send them to us.
Deadline for the application: 25th February 2014!