- 18 September 2019
- Posted by: Team for Youth Association
- Category: International volunteering opportunities, News
Are you from Italy, France or Austria?
Are you between 18-30 years old, speak English, and are interested in languages and non formal learning?
Than this project is for YOU!
The DOIT Project! It seeks to promote non-formal education, volunteering and the use of languages as a starting point for the individual’s personal development, stopping stereotypes related to other cultures and improving the individual’s relationship with the society they live in. The project is based on a single cross-border volunteer activity and targets 6 volunteers in four month internships in Baia Mare. The main activity is the implementation of non-formal activities in the local community in order to promote volunteering, to stimulate the use of foreign languages and to diversify the educational activities in the high schools in Baia Mare.
- preparing non-formal activities in high schools in Baia Mare,
- implementation of non-formal classroom or after-school activities, evaluation and dissemination,
- encourage young people in high schools to use English or a high-level language such as Italian, German and French,
- promoting European Solidarity Corps.
More information on European Solidarity Corps:
Baia Mare town, Maramureș, Romania
A total of 18 week(s) starting middle of March 2020 or beginning of April 2020
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
- Accommodation is in rented flats, in the city.
- Rent and expenses (up to a certain point) are paid by our organisation. Volunteer is in charge of: cleaning, assuming responsibility for the flat.
- Pocket money and food money provided per month / volunteer (paid in local currency, once a month in cash).
- Materials for activities and local transportation is also provided.
- International travel to and from Baia Mare: reimbursed after the project, based on distance calculator and original tickets/invoices.
- Training activities and help in integration in the local community.
- Romanian language classes provided.
TRAINING DURING THE PROJECT
- Welcome to Romania and T4UTH
- Intercultural Dimensions of our work
- Team-building and getting to know eachother
- Non formal education and how to apply it
- Support in the preparation and promotion of activities.
- A mentor for the supervising of the learning process and local integration.
- A coordinator to supervise and help with the activities.
- Helpful local volunteers to aid you and provide support in the activities.
- A language teacher.
- A teacher in the high schools managing your timetable and collaborating with you in your work in high-schools.
- 18-30 years old,
- residency in the following countries: Italy, Austria, France,
- ready to work together with Team for Youth Association to achieve the project goals and objectives and to help Develop and IniTiate changes in the local community of Baia Mare.
- interested in topics like: volunteering, non formal education, languages,
- looking to help the local community by preparing, implementing and helping to disseminate a series of activities,
- interested in working with highschool students, youthworkers and teachers,
- Organized, open minded, polite and caring person,
- good motivation for living and working abroad,
- able to be on time for all activities and respect the deadlines proposed together,
- pro active person and willing to do his/her best to achieve the objectives of the project,
- fun and cooperative.
Deadline to Apply: 10 march 2020
How to Apply
Make sure you have a solidarity corps ID. To get one, join the corps here: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity_en
After you have an ID there are 3 options:
- contact one of the partner organisations (depending on your country) and ask them about this placement.
- contact the project team directly by emailing you solidarity corps ID, CV and a little bit about yourself and why you want to participate to this project (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- apply directly trough the platform by login in your account and following the link here: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/16135_en