- 11 April 2022
- Posted by: Team for Youth Association
- Category: European Solidarity Corps volunteering opportunities
We are looking for volunteers with the European Solidarity Corps program!
Volunteers will be active in the community of Baia Mare with the aim of creating action groups of local youngsters.
Proposed activity period: 01/01/2022 to 30/06/2023 (max) – you can choose 2 months from this period to join the activities.
Activity start date is flexible!
The project has already begun in 2021 and will have as its main scenario the city of Baia Mare and the region of Maramureș. The volunteers, helped by the association, will have the opportunity to live and adapt to the local context and to come into contact and collaborate with the social actors (associations, institutions, etc.) operating in the local communities. By participating to” ESCpert” the volunteers will acquire several knowledge and skills about teamwork, knowledge of the local environment, self-reflection and need analysis, work with digital graphics, promotion, creation and management of events, interculturality, work with young people and EVEN writing European projects.
The volunteers will create events called “Caravans”: going from city to city in our region with the aims of promoting volunteering and international mobility, teach young people how to create project and stimulate the formation of local action groups.
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
Accommodation in rented flats, together with other volunteers and even the room if its needed! The flats are located in the town, have access to public transport, shops and entertainment facilities. The flats are equipped with WiFi, furniture, beds, bed sheets, cutlery, and toiletries. The volunteers are responsible for the cleaning and maintaining of the flat. All expenses are paid (and the rent) by the project. Volunteers receive up to 150 E per month as food money. Local transportation for activities can be reimbursed. International travel expenses are also reimbursed up to a limit!
Pocket money (3 E per activity day) is provided!
TRAINING DURING THE ACTIVITY
We provide logistic support in the activities. The volunteers take part in On Arrival Training and Mid Term Evaluation, organized nationally, so you get the chance to meet other ESC volunteers and create long lasting relationships. Apart from this, the volunteers will have Romanian language lessons included in their schedule. They will undergo short workshops and training’s about: working in team, getting adjusted to the local reality, working with youth, projects management, safety and security, discovering the area. By doing their specific tasks the volunteers will also receive valuable information related to: fundraising and communication.
The ideal profile we would like is:
- responsible persons with open mind.
- friendly and positive attitude.
- able to follow an activity plan, and to prepare and lead an activity.
- between 18 and 30 years of age.
- serious and motivated persons, ready to spend almost a year abroad and to get actively involved in the local community.
- good knowledge of English BUT ready to learn a new language (Romanian).
- assume the role of a cultural ambassador for the country they come from, and work towards reducing stereotypes, racism and marginalization in the groups he will work with.
- attentive to the needs of the young people the volunteer will work with, and to the needs of our organisation.
Previous experience in the topic of international projects is encouraged, but not necessarily required. We are looking for youth that will want to start a career as a youth-worker or worker in an youth organisation, in the near future.
Participants are accepted regardless of gender, beliefs, preferences, level of education.
You must be able to stay the full duration of the project!!!
EXPECTED RESULTS of the ESCpert project:
- Involve 20 young people from the area of Baia Mare to design together projects and actions with impact in the community.
- Participating in caravans of informing young people on ways to create projects in their local communities.
- The creation of local initiative groups and the involvement of the volunteers in the community by bringing to the for problems of the local community and giving some simple and effective solutions to them.
- Further the collaborations with partners from the communities we send volunteers to work in, in order to establish new possibilities for collaboration and interaction with the local environment.
- 2 projects applied, financed and implemented in the community of Baia Mare, on various themes of recent importance.
- Lots of activities in order to support local volunteers, disadvantaged groups to produce results and positive changes in the local community.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: SOON!
HOW TO APPLY: trough ESC website: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/25758_en
(You need an ESC profile, a ready CV in English to apply)
The pre-selected candidates will be contacted by the project coordinators to complete a form and get in touch with us directly (video interview for the purpose of final selection).