- 29 January 2021
- Posted by: Team for Youth Association
- Category: International volunteering opportunities
We are looking for volunteers with the European Solidarity Corps program!
Volunteers will be active in the community of Baia Mare with the aim of creating action groups of local youngsters. They, together with the youngsters, will be tackling a problem of the local community and addressing it trough a project with local impact. The 2 young Europeans participating in the ESCpert project will have the role of team-leaders and facilitators of activities with young people. They will be actively involved in the work of our organisation as youth workers and activity coordinators. Trough their actions in the project, they will gain specific skills in the field of youth work and project management, entrepreneurship, non formal education and get the chance to practice another language. If you are interested in developing local funded projects, working with youth in a multicultural environment and learning more about coordinating European projects, this project is for YOU!
Proposed activity period: 01/05/2021 to 31/01/2022
The project is lasting 9 months, the volunteer will have plenty of time to adapt to the local environment, to learn how to think, create, apply, do and then evaluate projects together with local young people in the community of Baia Mare. International volunteers during the project will acquire knowledge about: teamwork, knowledge of the local environment, self-reflection and need analysis, work with digital graphics, promotion, interculturality, work with young people and writing projects. Volunteers will support and coordinate groups of young people formed (which we will informally call ”groups of local initiatives”) in identifying needs in the community and in designing specific projects or project ideas to improve the situation of communities. They, together with the young people, will make sure that they implement the projects / actions / activities and monitor them and then evaluate them to see if they have met their objectives. ESCpert volunteers will work side by side with the young beneficiaries of our activities, with the team of youth workers in the office, with teachers, local volunteers, mentors or people involved in various local initiatives. The areas where we want to work with this project are generally the surrounding areas of the city, suburbs or rural areas / suburbs, but we do not exclude entertainment and relaxation areas, cultural or public institutions or leisure areas. Volunteers will share knowledge and act as ambassadors of the country they come from, creating, together with local initiative groups, new ways to involve young people in society and bring about change.
Volunteers of the European Solidarity Corps will acquire skills in working with people with disabilities, in related areas such as: working with young people, non-formal education, social assistance and speaking in a new language. They will leave their comfort zone in order to integrate a new value system and they will overcome the stereotypes regarding Romania. During the activities the volunteers will mostly interact with beneficiaries of Esperando Day Center, Team for Youth local volunteers and the center’s activities coordinators, they will find out about the situations that physically disabled people are confronted with in Baia Mare. Based on these, with the support of the project team, they will prepare and implement support and leisure activities and raise awareness to the target group of the project. A few caravans of workshops with young people from different cities within the same county are also scheduled, so the volunteers can inspire others to continue their work in different contexts (multiplier event)
ACCOMMODATION, FOOD AND TRANSPORT ARRANGEMENTS
Accommodation in rented flats, together with other volunteers and even the room if its needed! The flats are located in the town, have access to public transport, shops and entertainment facilities. The flats are equipped with WiFi, furniture, beds, bed sheets, cutlery, toiletries. The volunteers are responsible for the cleaning and maintaining of the flat. All expenses are paid (and the rent) by the project. Volunteers receive 150 E per month as food money. Local transportation for activities can be reimbursed. International travel expenses are also reimbursed up to a limit!
Pocket money (3 E per day) is provided!
TRAINING DURING THE ACTIVITY
We provide logistic support in the activities. The volunteers take part in On Arrival Training and Mid Term Evaluation, organized nationally (these may be done online due to covid restrictions). Apart from this, the volunteers have Romanian language lessons included in their schedule. They will undergo short workshops and training’s on: pre-departure training, welcome meeting, getting adjusted to the local reality, working with young people, projects management, safety and security, discovering the area, discovering themselves, teamwork, digital design, how to work with teams of young people. By their tasks the volunteers will also receive valuable information related to: fundraising and communication.
The ideal profile we would like is:
- responsible persons with open mind.
- friendly and positive attitude.
- able to follow an activity plan, and to prepare and lead an activity.
- between 18 and 30 years of age.
- serious and motivated persons, ready to spend almost a year abroad and to get actively involved in the local community.
- national of any EU state or residency in an EU state.
- good knowledge of English BUT ready to learn a new language (Romanian).
- assume the role of a cultural ambassador for the country they come from, and work towards reducing stereotypes, racism and marginalization in the groups he will work with.
- attentive to the needs of the young people the volunteer will work with, and to the needs of our organisation.
Previous experience in the topic of international projects is encouraged. We are looking for youth that will want to start a career as a youth-worker or worker in an youth organisation, in the near future.
Participants are accepted regardless of gender, beliefs, preferences, level of education.
You must be able to stay the full duration of the project!!!
EXPECTED RESULTS of the ESCpert project:
- the volunteers will involve 20 young people from the area of Baia Mare to design together projects and actions with impact in the community.
- the creation of local initiative groups and the involvement of the volunteers in the community by bringing to the for problems of the local community and giving some simple and effective solutions to them.
- further the collaborations with partners from the communities we send volunteers to work in, in order to establish new possibilities for collaboration and interaction with the local environment.
- 2 projects applied, financed and implemented in the community of Baia Mare, on various themes of recent importance.
- lots of activities in order to support local volunteers, disadvantaged groups to produce results and positive changes in the local community.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: 15 march 2021
HOW TO APPLY: trough ESC website: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/placement/25758_en
(You need an ESC profile, a ready CV in English to apply)
The pre-selected candidates will be contacted by the project coordinators to complete a form and get in touch with us directly (video interview for the purpose of final selection).