Method – Bomba
TARGET GROUP: Children/Teenagers (age 4-20)
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 5- 20
DURATION: 10-15 minutes
AIM: Energize the children and work with their attention.
MATERIALS: A ball
- Arrange the group in a circle.
- Choose one kid to stay in the middle
- Explain the rules:
- The kid from the middle has to count with the eyes closed until 20, three times. The first time he says “the bomb is hot”, the second time he says “the bomb almost exploded”, and the third time he says “BOMBA”!
- When the child is counting, the rest of the group has to pass the ball in order, to the child in their right.
- When the child from the middle says “BOMBA”, the child that has the ball dies and continue to sit on the floor.
- The child from the middle starts again to count.
- Who stays before the dead child has to jump and pass the ball to the next child, after he comes back to his place.
- The game finish when there is only one child standing up and he will be the winner.
RESULTS: Kids are energized and they had fun.
- It’s better to do it outside, in a big circle, they need space to jump.
- You can repeat the game changing the child from the center.